Teaching and writing have been my life’s work for over two decades as a journalist and educator. I currently work in campus ministry at the University of Illinois. My degrees in History were earned at Illinois State University, and I’ve done additional graduate work at Lincoln Christian Seminary and Urbana Theological Seminary. Over the years I’ve led conference workshops and authored articles and book chapters on topics ranging from religious education and international student ministry to state and local history. My calling as a Christ-follower defines my life (husband, father, teacher, learner), orders my loves (according to His will), and informs my craft (by God’s Grace).
- “Truth Be Told” – understanding how the Gospel resonates with and redeems our imagination, senses, intellect, and emotions
- “How Do You Feel About That?”–understanding the world through feelings and emotions
- War Stories (Part 4): 1942
- Historic Sites of Champaign County (Revisited) Part Two
- Historic Sites in Champaign Co. (revisited)